serves 4-6 people
16 oz. crinkle cut frozen fries
1/2 lb. sliced deli Virginia ham, or ham of your choice - chopped
2 Tbls. butter
1 small onion - chopped
1/2 cup frozen petite peas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
10 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread out the frozen fries evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, but turn the fries over after 15 minutes.
When golden brown remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 F.
2. In a large, 12 inch, non-stick, oven-safe skillet, cook the ham for about 5 minutes over medium heat, then add in the butter and onions. Cook until onions have softened, then add in the peas. Cook for another minute or two to heat the peas.
3. In a large mixing bowl mix together the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour this egg mixture into the skillet with the cooked ham mixture. Cook and stir until the eggs start to become slightly firm, but are still very wet. Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar.
4. Arrange the cooked fries on top of the lightly cooked egg/cheese mixture starting in the middle as seen in photo above. Lightly press the fries into the mixture.
5. Place skillet in oven and bake uncovered for 18 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Slice into pie pieces and serve warm.
This recipe is adapted from the Tip Hero website.